Welcome to the HPSC website
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) is Ireland's specialist agency for the surveillance of communicable diseases.
HPSC is part of the Health Service Executive and works in partnership with health service providers and sister organisations in Ireland and around the world, to provide the best possible information for the control and prevention of infectious diseases. HPSC strives to protect and improve the health of the Irish population by providing timely information and independent advice, and by carrying out disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation and related research and training.
Volume 16, Issue 3, March 2015
This issue contains:
- MSM internet survey to take place this year
- World TB Day – 2015 - “Reach the 3 Million: Reach, Treat, Cure Everyone”
- Cluster of Botulism in Intravenous Drug Users: Norway and Scotland
- Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak in West Africa
- 5 Nations Health Protection Conference, Edinburgh, May 2015
- Latest HPSC reports
Ebola Outbreak 2014
Currently a very extensive and ongoing outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) is affecting the following countries in West Africa: Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Liberia. The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade advises against all non-essential travel to these countries.
- Ebola Virus Disease: Clinical Management & Guidance
- Information for the general public
- Information for health professionals
- Information for general practitioners
- Information for Departments of Public Health
- Information for Humanitarian Aid Workers
- Travel advice and Advice for Airports & Ports
- Ebola training resources
- Ebola news
What’s New from HPSC?
- Infectious disease assessment for migrants - draft for consultation
- Blood-borne viruses in haemodialysis, CAPD and renal transplantation setting, 2014
- Guidelines for Control and Prevention of Multi-Drug Resistant Organisms (MDRO) excluding MRSA in the Healthcare Setting
- National Guideline on the Surveillance, Diagnosis and Management of C. difficile infection in Ireland
- Drinking water, cryptosporidium and immunocompromised patients
- National C. difficile typing study protocol, 2014
- National Polio Plan for Ireland