Welcome to the HPSC website
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) is Ireland's specialist agency for the surveillance of communicable diseases.
HPSC is part of the Health Service Executive and works in partnership with health service providers and sister organisations in Ireland and around the world, to provide the best possible information for the control and prevention of infectious diseases. HPSC strives to protect and improve the health of the Irish population by providing timely information and independent advice, and by carrying out disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation and related research and training.
The WHO reports an extensive outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) that is affecting the following countries in West Africa: Sierra Leone and Guinea. The number of cases of Ebola in the affected countries has reduced significantly over the last month but there remains a significant risk of further transmission. The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade advises against all non-essential travel to these countries.
- Ebola Virus Disease: Clinical Management & Guidance
- Information for the general public
- Information for health professionals
- Information for general practitioners
- Information for Departments of Public Health
- Information for Humanitarian Aid Workers
- Travel advice and Advice for Airports & Ports
- Ebola training resources
- Ebola news
What’s New from HPSC?
- Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak in Guinea and Sierra Leone, West Africa
05 October 2015
- Polio alert - Ukraine and Mali (ex Guinea) – vaccination recommendations for travellers
08 September 2015
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
01 September 2015
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Republic of Korea
03 July 2015
- Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection from Water Systems in Healthcare Facilities
- Rabies Prevention and Control Guidance
- National Hepatitis C Database – 2015 Report
- Guidance on Management of Outbreaks of Sexually Transmitted Infections - Consultation document
- HPSC Annual Epidemiological Report 2013
- Guidelines for hand hygiene in Irish healthcare settings (2015) Update of 2005 guidelines