Welcome to the HPSC website
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) is Ireland's specialist agency for the surveillance of communicable diseases.
HPSC is part of the Health Service Executive and works in partnership with health service providers and sister organisations in Ireland and around the world, to provide the best possible information for the control and prevention of infectious diseases. HPSC strives to protect and improve the health of the Irish population by providing timely information and independent advice, and by carrying out disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation and related research and training.
What’s New from HPSC?
- Guidance on Management of Outbreaks of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- MISI 2015 - Findings from the men who have sex with men internet survey
- Infectious Disease Assessment in Migrants
- Case Definitions for Notifiable Diseases, V 1.6
- Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection from Water Systems in Healthcare Facilities