Welcome to the HPSC website
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) is Ireland's specialist agency for the surveillance of communicable diseases.
HPSC is part of the Health Service Executive and works in partnership with health service providers and sister organisations in Ireland and around the world, to provide the best possible information for the control and prevention of infectious diseases. HPSC strives to protect and improve the health of the Irish population by providing timely information and independent advice, and by carrying out disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation and related research and training.
Ebola Outbreak 2014
Currently a very extensive and ongoing outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) is affecting the following countries in West Africa: Sierra Leone and Guinea. The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade advises against all non-essential travel to these countries.
- Ebola Virus Disease: Clinical Management & Guidance
- Information for the general public
- Information for health professionals
- Information for general practitioners
- Information for Departments of Public Health
- Information for Humanitarian Aid Workers
- Travel advice and Advice for Airports & Ports
- Ebola training resources
- Ebola news