- Measles Outbreak in Wales - update
11 June 2013
- Italian Ministry of Health notifies WHO of MERS-CoV cases
04 June 2013
- Rubella outbreak in Poland
31 May 2013
- Wild poliovirus in the Horn of Africa – Polio case in Kenya
23 May 2013
Welcome to the HPSC website
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) is Ireland's specialist agency for the surveillance of communicable diseases.
HPSC is part of the Health Service Executive and works in partnership with health service providers and sister organisations in Ireland and around the world, to provide the best possible information for the control and prevention of infectious diseases. HPSC strives to protect and improve the health of the Irish population by providing timely information and independent advice, and by carrying out disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation and related research and training.
- HIV in Ireland, 2012 Report
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Precautions for Possible or Confirmed Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) and Avian Influenza A(H7N9) in Healthcare Settings
- Surveillance, Diagnosis and Management of Clostridium difficile Infection in Ireland: Update of 2008 Guidance
- Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Multi-drug resistant organisms (MDRO) excluding MRSA in the healthcare setting
- EMI - Guidelines for the emergency management of injuries