Hepatitis C Database - Aim and objectives
The overall aim is to set up a national database of those infected with hepatitis C through the administration of blood or blood products within the State.
Objectives of database
1. To follow the natural history of infection in this group of people
2. To evaluate the impact of various host factors on the progression of the disease
3. To evaluate the outcomes of treatment
4. To monitor the uptake of services
5. To provide information for the planning and evaluation of health services.
6. To serve as a resource for future research into hepatitis C