Terms of Reference
The terms of reference of the VTEC Sub-Committee are as follows:
1. Develop guidelines to assist clinicians and Specialists in Public Health Medicine in:
- the management of cases of VTEC, both sporadic and outbreak related, and
- prevention and control of VTEC
2. Review current surveillance of VTEC in Ireland and make recommendations for improvement.
3. Make recommendations on the appropriate microbiological investigation of all cases of diarrhoea.
4. Develop guidelines on the clinical management and microbiological investigation of cases of bloody diarrhoea, and on the advice to be given regarding enteric precautions.
Last updated: 15th May 2007