Terms of Reference
- To review recommendations of the Report of Waterborne Cryptosporidiosis Subcommittee of the Scientific Advisory Committee produced in 2005.
- To review the evidence relating to the public health risk assessment and response to the detection of Cryptosporidium in drinking water supplies.
- To review the evidence relating to the public health risk assessment and response to cryptosporidiosis linked to swimming pools and direct animal contact.
- To review the systems whereby contamination of pristine source water can be minimised
- To review advice on prevention strategies that would minimise the risk in the general population, and in target groups such as immunocompromised individuals.
Dr Paul McKeown, Specialist in Public Health Medicine, HPSC (Chair)
Ms Louise Barry, Medical Scientist, AMLS
Mr John Carley, Carlow County Council
Dr Eoghan de Barra, Specialist Registrar in Infectious Disease, IDSI
Ms Ann Dolan, Galway County Council
Dr Una Fallon, Specialist in Public Health Medicine, RCPI
Mr Oliver Fogarty, Dept of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government
Dr Patricia Garvey, Surveillance Scientist, HPSC
Dr Karl McDonald, FSAI
Dr Patricia McDonald, Specialist in Public Health Medicine, SE Water Group
Dr Eleanor McNamara, Consultant Microbiologist, ISCM
Professor Grace Mulcahy, UCD
Mr Ger O Leary, EPA
Ms Grainne Parker, Communicable Disease Control Nurse, IPS
Mr Ray Parle, Principal Environmental Health Officer, EHOA
Last updated: 15 August 2013